To help ensure the website availability, performance, and quality levels you've come to expect from Activity Connection, we are preparing stronger password requirements to protect our community.
We are currently targeting an October 1, 2020 update to our website that will include updated account password requirements, including regular password reset intervals. In general, account password requirement updates will include:
- Individual accounts will be required to reset passwords every 90 days
- no exceptions for individual accounts regarding password reset intervals
- Group accounts will be required to reset passwords every 180 days
- exceptions can be made for group accounts regarding password reset intervals
- 180 days is the default interval
- Reset notification warnings will be provided 30 days prior to the reset being required
- Until you change your password, you will see a 'countdown' warning message each time you log in that will let you know how many days remain
- A special 'Last Chance Login' will be allowed to ensure no one is completely caught by surprise
- This special, last-chance login is intended to allow a member to access the site one final time, even after the password reset expiration period has concluded, hoping we help anyone who is in a time sensitive situation, under unique pressure.
- After utilizing the last-chance login, you will need to complete the password update process to access the site.
- Updated passwords will be required to include:
- the new password cannot match the last two passwords used
- minimum of 8 characters
- use of at least one upper-case letter
- use of at least one lower-case letter
- use of at lest one numerical digit
- ⚠️IMPORTANT: After resetting your password, you will receive a confirmation email that will be sent to the email address currently associated with your account
- The confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure 'email@example.com' is added to any email firewall\antivirus software you may be running. This may be referred to as an 'allowed senders' list, a 'whitelist', an 'approved senders' list, or any custom designation the software provider may use in their language.
- After finalizing the account password update within the verification email, you will be logged-in to the website